Photo Contest for Alberta and Northwest Conference of The United Church of Canada
Deadline: Wednesday, March 9, 2016 at Midnight.
(originally posted January 26, 2016)
For the second-year in a row, we are holding a Conference-wide photo contest.
What fun it was last year to see a wide-range of ministry from around Alberta and Northwest Conference! We are looking for photos from congregations and ministries of ANW Conference. All photos submitted will potentially be used on the website or in other media for the Conference. The top two photos in each category will receive gift cards from Chapters-Indigo.
When all submissions are received for the March 9 deadline, we will put the photos online and invite people to vote. Do encourage your congregations, friends, family members and others to get involved in the voting!
Photo Categories are the Conference’s Four Goals
- Healthy Congregations — e.g. Photos of people at congregational events; Sunday School pageants, etc
- Effective Ministry — photos of ministry happening — e.g. worship settings, visitations, outreach work, camping programs, children’s programs, celebration of ministry services, etc.
- Strong Public Witness — examples would be sandwich making for homeless centres, a fund raiser for the Mission and Service or other project, food bank program, protest, etc
- Open Connections and Communication — examples might be photos of people talking together and other scenes of people making connections with each other.
Prizes to be won
Two prizes will be awarded in each category: $25 gift cards to Chapters-Indigo.
- Photos needs to be taken in United Church or ecumenical ministries from Alberta and Northwest Conference (overseas photos of mission projects by ABNW United Church people also qualify)
- The people pictured in the photos must give you their expressed consent that their image can be used on promotional material for Alberta and Northwest Conference of The United Church of Canada. The photos may be used on the website, social media or in printed material.
- Enter as many photos as you would like in one or all categories. (Just remember that your photos submitted into the same category will compete against each other).
Deadline: Wednesday, March 9, 2016. Midnight
How to enter:
Gather your photo or photos and submit online.