Goals and Vision
In The United Church of Canada, the purpose of the Conference is to engage congregational leaders, Ordered and Lay, and denominational structures in the support and furtherance of the mission of Jesus Christ in both the church and the world.
- To fulfil the requirements of The Manual (2013) of The United Church of Canada by engaging congregational leaders, ordered and lay, and denominational structures in the support and furtherance of the mission of Jesus Christ in both the church and the world.
A church, locally and regionally, where:
- Congregational life is vital and inviting
- Ministry Personnel and Congregations are in creative and productive pastoral relationships
- There is prophetic and caring response to the needs of individuals and communities
- Communication between the various constituencies of the church is open and effective
- Healthy Congregations
- Effective Ministry
- Strong Public Witness
- Open Connections and Communication
Serving The Province of Alberta, Northeastern British Columbia, The Northwest Territories, and The Yukon
The Executive Secretary and Conference Staff share with the Executive the responsibility to promote the Conference Vision and facilitate its realization.
We are one of the thirteen Conferences of The United Church of Canada.